Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's A Boy!!

Yesterday Tim and I received a referral for the most gorgeous baby boy in the whole wide world!! Yeah! Yipee! Woohoo! Yessss!! Fantastic! Wow! Yeeeaaahhh!! And any other happy word you can think of! Unfortunately, at this time we are not at liberty to share any additional information about our child or referral until we pass court and he is officially our child. It is very hard because I just want to shout from the roof tops and show everyone his beautiful little face!! We might be being a little cautious about the information that we can post but we do not want to take any chances in jeapordizing our adoption, so in our minds better safe than sorry and rest assured that we will share more information as soon as we can. We received the call around 3:50pm yesterday. However, about 20 minutes prior to this, I almost told off a poor Time Warner Salesman! About 3:20pm I received a phone call and when I looked at the number it had a 760 area code and I knew that our adoption agency's area code began with a 7, so my heart stopped and I got all anxious and tentatively answered the phone and when he told me that he was from Time Warner and did we want cable television, I almost blew a gasket!! However, I did not and politely declined any further services and hung up the phone all dejected and sad. Then about 20 minutes later we got "THE call"!! Our family coordinator contacted Tim by phone first and then they called me at work on 3way. It was probably the most amazing moment of my life so far, next to my wedding day. Our coordinator told us that this is "THE Call" and told us about our little boy. My heart stopped and dropped right out of my body when I heard her voice, I could barely even come up with coherent responses during the call. Terra told us that she was emailing our son's medical information and pictures to us to view, etc. We then hung up and I called Tim right back. Tim was crying and got me started crying, as well. I think we were both still a little in shock at this point. Since I was due to get off of work, Tim and I decided to wait until I got home to look at the information and have our first look at our son together. As soon as we opened the email at home we both knew that this indeed was our child and we both started sobbing again! He is so absolutely beautiful. God definately knew what He was doing! Leslie, I think the wishbone definately helped move things along!! Anyway, Tim and I are still on a "baby high"!! I spoke w/a Dr. who specializes in international adoptions and she reviewed our son's health information. Tim and I also got some of the recommended immunizations for travel today. Tim definately wasn't thrilled about this part of the process, but I told him to suck it up!! He is still whining about it!! Little Asher, see how much your daddy already loves you, he voluntarily got 3 shots today, just so he can come and pick you up and bring you home. Oh yeah, we are planning on naming the baby Asher....We can say that as it is not his original name and it will not identify him in anyway. Also, Tim says that he did not cry. He is a man and is strong, GGGRRR!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM CRYING AFTER READING THIS. LOVE TO YOU BOTH AND ESPECIALLY TO LITTLE ASHER. PATTI