Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Getting Ready!

Yesterday, Tim and I went to a few yard sales to try to find some things for the baby. We thought we would take advantage of yard sale season to help get some of the things we need at bargain prices. At the first yard sale we went to we met a great family. We were telling them that we were adopting. They told us that they also adopted and shared a little about it w/us. They were very excited for us and it turns out that they are friends with one of the family's from our Ethiopia group that we meet with once a month! What a small world! They were so nice and even gave us two adoption books to read to our child and a book to help our child sleep through the night. It really is amazing how God connects us with one another. We have met so many amazing people and families through this awsome journey. It is so neat! Well, yesterday I was a "baby shopping momma" as my mother called me!! We found a lot of great stuff and are almost ready for the baby. We found a swing, floor gym, bouncy seat, crib/mattress, a travel system w/two bases, some toys, books and a bunch of clothes. I spent the rest of yesterday washing baby clothes, putting the crib together, and cleaning the stroller, etc!! Baby Brakefield we are ready to bring you home and cannot WAIT to meet you and hold you in our arms. I am feeling a little sad today as I look at all the baby stuff and have no baby to put to sleep in the crib, soothe in the swing, or cuddle and love on. But I know the day is coming that I will be holding our baby in my arms. I am praying for patience to help me get to that day and I am trying to have no expectations about when it might be. God will give us our referral and bring us together at the perfect moment. Tim dreamed the other night that we were going to have a baby girl. I wonder.......

No comments: