Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, October 4, 2008

10/4



I can't beleive that it's already October!! Anyway, Tim and I attempted to meet with a group of people who have or are in the process of adopting from Ethiopia, but it didn't work out. They meet in Mason, which is pretty close to us. I guess most of the people in that group have gone through a church organization to adopt and aren't going through our adoption agency. We will try again next month. So instead, Tim and I went down to a secluded spot at the park by our house and started reading some of our homestudy stuff and one of the books we need to read for the homestudy, Raising adopted children. It was nice laying on the blanket in the shade, reading. It was a beautiful day today and I really enjoyed just relaxing with my hubby. We also tried to take a family pick in the leaves with the dogs. It didn't work out very well!! But we had fun doing it!! Tim ordered his passport yesterday. I wrote letters to send to Columbus requesting a check of the child abuse/neglect registry to clear us. I wish I could just do this at work, but they want it through the main office in Columbus. Oh well! We also need to get a local police check, so hopefully we can do that on Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEAR SHANON AND TIM,
I HAVE ENJOYED READING YOUR BLOG ABOUT THE ADOPTION. I PRAY FOR YOU OFTEN. I AM PROUD OF YOU FOR ALL YOU ARE DOING. JUST PROMISE ME YOU WON'T LET TIM TEACH THE BABY HOW TO FART IN PUBLIC :)
LOVE TO YUU BOTH
PATTI

Shanon & Tim said...

Tim says "I would never do such a thing!"