Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

3 Months



Well, we have now been DTE for 3 months. I am feeling kind of down today and really having some trouble with not having my baby home with me. I seem to be continuously stopping myself from crying today:( which as many of you who know me, doesn't happen very often. (I am not really the crying kind of girl!) So, needless to say, I am having a hard one and am trying to work and do everything else that needs done. I have a calandar that our agency sent us with pictures of families and children who have adopted hanging on my desk. It also has different scripture verses on it. I looked over at it a little while ago and it made me feel a little better. The scripture is Isaiah 54:10 "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed, says the Lord, who has compassion on you." It helps to know that God has it all under control, that he has a plan, and that when the timing is right, under his guidance we will be united with our child. I am trying really hard to have patience and grace, however, some days it is very, very difficult. It is also very hard to describe some of the feelings that go along with this process. All I know is that God has it and I must continue to pray faithfully and give it all up to Him.

On another note, one of the family's who is over in Ethiopia now, picking up their child, wrote this comment about the head of our adoption agency making a trip to Ethiopia to try to straighten out and help Ethiopia w/the investigation, etc. that is currently occurring. "I spoke with Brian Luwis (head of our adoption agency)today here in Ethiopia about the situation. He obviously could not give me details, but what I am very pleased with is his desire to get it straightened out quickly. He spent time at the embassy today in meetings with officials and presented a plan to them to create a more stable process for Ethiopian adoptions. He and Duni came to the Guest House and they both were very kind to each of the families and took genuine interest in each of our adoption stories.
This may not be helpful to those waiting, but know that AWAA is working hard on the situation here in Addis. He is leaving here tomorrow to go to several other African countries to develop the adoption process there as well." I also wanted to invite you to participate in a day of fasting and prayer with our yahoo group on Friday. Let's lift up the US & Ethiopian AWAA staff, the MOWA/ET court system/staff, the orphanage directors/workers, and of course our precious ET kiddos & waiting families. Please join us in prayer and help us bring our children home.

No comments: