Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker
Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

9/25
Things are going good here. We mailed in our paperwork to start the homestudy. I also scheduled appointments for Tim and I to get physicals. We are supposed to also order an original birth certificate and marriage certificate from the Ohio office of vital statistics. The birth certificate is no problem and can take 3-6 weeks to get back, however, they only have abstracts of the marriage cert. and can take 4-6 mo's to get. I emailed our adoption worker and asked if the abstract is what we need. If so, I think I am going to take a road trip to Columbus to get it. If it's not what we need, we should be able to get a copy from here in Warren County and that is no big deal at all. Tim is on the roof being a "manly man" fixing what our "hurricane in Ohio" damaged last week! I'm a little scared!!! Here is a picture of my hubby hard at work!! Isn't he cute?!


9/24
I wanted to share one of my favorite verses with everyone. I think it is very fitting with all the economy issues and really fits in with some of our adoption worries. Every time I start to worry about money, etc. I read and think of these verses.

Luke 12 22-34
"Therefor I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They don not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you. O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom,and these things will be given to you as well....For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Reading this helps me to remember that God is all powerful and knows what we need before we do. He will lead us where he wants us to go and will provide us with what we need. Tim and I know that adopting our child from Ethiopia is what we are supposed to do and God will help us to accomplish this. It will be hard work and a major lesson in patience, but we can do all things with God our Savior. It will be soooo worth every minute and every struggle when we hold our baby in our arms.
I can't wait to meet you little one. We love you so much already and can't wait to bring you home. We are getting everything ready for you and pray for you every day.




Hi everyone, I was just reading a blog from another family adopting from Ethiopia through America world and I read this passage about adoption that I really like and fits how Tim and I feel. "Adoption is a mirror of what Christ has done for us. We were far off, He called us to be His own and now we have all things in Him. This child will be far off, We will claim him/her as our own, and all we have will be theirs". -The Rogers Family Blog. Today was the perfect Indian summer day. It was beautiful out! Tim and I went for a walk along the river and bike trail. It seems like the leaves started changing colors almost overnight. It even smelled like fall today!



9/19
Hi, how are y'all doing!! Tim and his dad were working on the deck today. Hopefully they will get it done tom. and we can check that off our list. Tim and I just realized that we were planning on doing the spag. dinner on Tim's brother's wedding!! I can't beleive we did that, so the dinner will have to be the beginning of Nov. We will keep everyone posted on when. Hope everything is going well for everyone.


9/18
Hi, everyone. Hope all of you are doing well. I heard from the insurance company yest. due to the many homes that have been damaged no one from the ins. co. will be coming out to give us an estimate on the damage. They spoke w/me about what was wrong w/the house and are going to do a written estimate and send a check w/o seeing the home. They said if it didn't cover it or if there was additional damage we didn't see, to call and they would add it and send an additional check. That was much easier than I thought it would be. We found out that my parents also have some damage to their home, but not very much and nothing major. It is just a pain since they are about 10 hrs away and trying to sell their home.

No comments: